myON, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is seeking an Educational Consultant to join our team in the Southwestern US. The myON Educational Consultant will be responsible for the delivery technology-based professional development.
Individuals in this role will spend a majority of their time in the field at customer sites leveraging their experience in K-12 education best practices to deliver solutions and offer pre-sales support using a structured implementation approach.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Effective teacher and coach of adults.
- Creation, organization, and delivery multiple forms of professional development.
- Knowledgeable about current and longstanding educational research and best practices.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local educational policies and issues.
- Ability to deliver quality, professional presentations.
- Delivery of at least 45 professional development sessions including myON, and previous employment.
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology literacy: Using computers (either PC or MAC), mobile devices, Smartboards, projectors, standard Microsoft Production Suite Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), internet and e-mail usage.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and external customer base.
- Well organized and structured, with the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel, mostly in the Southwest region, including overnight.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA required; Master’s Degree in education preferred.
- At least five years K-12 experience including any classroom, administrative, or district responsibilities required.
- Delivery of educational process improvement and/or technology solutions to K-12 education customers.