The senior accountant will play an active role in bringing new processes and systems online in collaboration with the finance and sales operating teams and outside consultants
The senior accountant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of financial records, month end close, reporting and analyzing financial performance. The position will play a key role in managing the relationships with third party support (tax, audit, external consultants etc.).
- Accounts Receivable – Manage the company's invoicing process to its customers, insure timely billing and collections processing.
- Revenue Recognition – Analyze contracts with customers, establish and maintain a process to monitor and report revenue according to GAAP. Insure accuracy and timeliness of reporting revenue.
- Manage and reconcile add deferred revenue subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Payroll – prepare and process of payroll
- Cash Management – Manage the company's bank activities, prepare cash burn report, and ensure accuracy of cash reporting.
- Accounts Payable – Control the company's expense management process from vendor invoicing, and insure timely payments are made.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, maintain month end account reconciliations.
- Financial Reporting – Manage the month end close process, provide monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow reports in accordance with GAAP
- Establish and maintain a journal entry system that provides proper supporting information for all JE's made to the accounting records
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly department and company level reports.
- Tax filings – Insure timely filing of all regulatory reporting including local, state and federal taxation forms
Degree or Education:
- B.S degree in accounting. CPA or CMA preferred
Desirable Amount of Previous Experience:
- 3+ years of progressive experience of full general ledger accounting
- Technical knowledge of and the application of US GAAP.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Understanding of complex financial statements and reporting
- Use of sound financial judgment
- Proficient computer skills
- Detail-orientation and good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate at different levels
- Good problem-solving as well as organizational skills
- Ability to both work effectively in a team and independently
- Proven supervision skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands or arms;
- Talk or hear;
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Travel is not anticipated.