Be myON Valentine
There’s nothing like a personalized literacy experience to foster a love of reading!
Help learners explore the books they love on myON this month! From classics to dinosaurs, princesses to ghosts, students will find books perfectly suited to their tastes. Because students have unlimited access to myON, they can read independently in and out of school time, all year long!
During school and extended learning program time
Basic strategies to help students read independently with myON:
- Encourage students to choose books on their "Recommended" list that match their interests, grade and reading level.
- Help students learn to search by keyword or title and browse by topic to find more books of interest — and show them how to use optional reading supports for titles that may be above their current reading level.
- Show students how to add books they love to read to "myList" within their accounts so they can find them easily to read again and again!
Faculty can find tutorials, guides and materials to bolster independent reading as well as curricular connections within Educator Resources, accessible from their myON accounts.
Engaging families to support reading at home
Tips to strengthen the school-home connection with myON:
- Be sure families understand how important it is for students to read at least 20 minutes every day. Share this handout with them. (Click on the image at right for a closer look!)
- Set goals for students to read at home and celebrate their successes.
- Provide information about myON family resources and video tutorials that help build a culture of reading!
Because myON seamlessly captures metrics on student engagement and growth, it is easy for students to monitor their own reading activity and achievements, and share that information with their families. Faculty and administrators can set reading goals and access student data and reports from their respective myON accounts.
Help learners explore the books they love on myON this month!
With thousands of titles for PreK-12, in a variety of genres and formats, they'll be sure to find age-appropriate books that match their interests and reading level.
Kids love myON!
Watch as learners talk about the books they love to read — and how myON is helping them build reading skills!
Did you miss our live webinar on February 12? Watch the recorded session!
Description: Educators play a vital role in curating lifelong literacy among learners, but how can they help cultivate a love for reading? The work begins with crafting an environment that inspires readers.
Earn a CE certificate and take advantage of a special myON offer, too!
myON is designed to help students build strong connections to text in ways that help them learn to read and love to read!
Our personalized literacy environment provides unlimited, 24/7 year-round access to a vast library of engaging, enhanced digital books for PreK-12 with optional supports and literacy tools.
Also on the myON platform: Daily news articles written just for K-8 students.
Our digital library
All books in our digital library are authentic and have been digitized from their print counterparts.
Browse titles lists from our core library of Capstone titles and optional add-on collections from our respected Partner Publishers.
See a representative sampling of themed titles on our Book of the Day calendar!
Students can read myON digital books online with any web-enabled device, wherever they are and whenever they want to read.
They can download up to 20 books at a time for offline reading with our free mobile apps for iPad, Android, Chrome and Kindle Fire HD, too!