Thank you for participating in the 3rd Annual Get Illinois Reading summer program!
Together with students across Illinois, participants read 795,212 books and 7,057 articles—and they logged more than 120,291 hours of reading on myON.
How myON supports Illinois literacy initiatives
The extensive, predominantly non-fiction collection of more than 13,000 digital books from respected publishers ensures that high-quality, authentic texts are available to match the curriculum.
Educators can measure and monitor growth as they prepare learners for assessments. Lexile® progress reports provide real-time data for administrators.
Learners access their own personal accounts and recommended reading lists, and review their own metrics, to further engage them and bolster growth as they read in their just-right range.
What's happening with myON in Illinois?
View these brief videos to see how forward-thinking leaders are transforming literacy and learning with myON.
Literacy for All Students at NSSEO (North Suburban Special Education Organization)
A myON subscription provides all of the following benefits
- Unlimited, 24/7 year-round access
- Concurrent, multi-user license
- Online reading with any web-enabled device
- Offline reading with free mobile apps for iPad, Android, Chrome and Kindle Fire HD
- Access to more than 6,000 digital titles from Capstone in the core collection
- Option to add thousands of additional titles from respected partner publishers
- A collection containing 70% non-fiction, informational text and 30% fiction to support standards-based instruction
- Spanish/dual language titles
- Flexible reading scaffolds (naturally-recorded audio with user speed controls, text highlighting, embedded dictionary and zoom feature)
- Literacy tools for close reading and writing skill development foster deep connections to the text
- Student ownership and choice
- Educator tools and a professional development resources
- Embedded assessments to monitor growth
- Real-time reporting at the student, group, building and district levels
Our summer reading turnkey toolkit included themed templates, tips and resources to help keep kids reading and learning during the school break.
Kim Walsh, Account Manager